Sunday, September 16, 2012

8 Weeks

8 Weeks...that's what I have to plan a wedding :) Luckily, I have the BEST fiance in the whole wide world and he is so supportive and understanding of my craziness and random crying and emotional roller coaster rides. I just thought I would post a little about the engagement for those who were not there....

So he planned a movie night to watch The Avengers on a projector in his parents backyard and facebook invited a ton of my close friends (and his) and he invited my sisters (and his family). He was super stressed out about the party saying he "just wanted to make sure everyone was going to have a good time". I foolishly for the most part bought into this excuse for his frantic behavior and him not letting me come help him set up. So I get there early, and Calvin and his family are just hanging out. He's normal. People come. We all chat. Everyone is in PJs by the way...it was a pajama movie party...and the movie starts.

So the movie is going along, and he and I are sitting on the lovesac and I'm like, "your heart is pounding...you need to relax!" and he's like, "oh, sorry, I guess I'm still stressed from before". Right. So the movie is having some explosions going off and everything, and then it kind of stops and I'm thinking, "something is up with the movie" and no, "Fix You" by Coldplay (our song) starts playing, and I turn to him and I start saying "I hate you, I can't believe you're doing this in front of everyone!" lovingly and smiling of course...anyway, he had been in A LOT of contact with my parents and got some pictures of me when I was younger for a slide show of him and me and us growing up and then pictures of us dating, and at the end, it said, "Morgan...I have a question for you..." and then it stops and he gets up and pulls me in front of everyone and proposes to me. I was emotional...but no tear fell...I got distracted by my FRIENDS and his family crying. hahaha. Anyway, I said yes. SURPRISE! ha. And he got me the most beautiful ring. He designed it and had it made for me and it fits my personality perfectly. So after he proposed, someone handed me an iPad, and he had my parent
s skyping in on the iPad!! So I got to see them and talk to them for a bit then talk with my friends and family and then we actually did watch the rest of the movie.
Anyway, he's wonderful, and I cannot WAIT to marry him. He is the most wonderful, patient, loving, caring, person on the planet and he understands me more than anyone else. The timing of our relationship has been PERFECT and I can't believe that it's happening, but I'm getting married! Just thought I'd gush for a bit and just...relish the moment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment